So I've seen this 'XX things about me' tag floating around the interwebs, especially youtube. Since I am not ready to start posting videos on my youtube page yet, I have decided to type mine up instead.
So if you've got a little extra time on your hands, allow me to let you in on some personal ish! :)
- I am half Bura, half Igbo. 'Bura' is a tribe from Adamawa State.
- I am full Nigerian. In my family (on my mum's side) my great-great grandmother was white so I got the gene. There's a couple of us in the family that got it.
- I have got two Sisters. I'm in the middle
- In 1999 my parents adopted a teenage boy and I got a Brother! :)
- I give the best road directions
- I love my own company
- I have a phobia for birds, all feathered creatures and even feathers
- My favourite colour is PINK!
- I detest odours. Infact I am pertified of them. If I was speaking to someone and they had mouth/body odour I'd just walk away as soon as I got a whiff. Mid-convo, just walk away. I do this all the time.
- I have got a slight lisp when I talk
- When I was born the doctors thought I had Jaundice because I was so pale and my mum was darker than I was, so they couldn't understand. I didn't have Jaundice afterall.
- When I was a toddler I almost went deaf. We were all sat eating breakfast at the table and then a voice in my mum's head went " Your child's going deaf". And she came over to my side and clapped in my right ear and I didn't even flinch or look at her. She immediately bundled me off to the hospital and turns out I had an infection/growth in my nose that was spreading to my ears and was rushed into surgery to have it taken out. This is a true story!
- I started modelling when I was 18
- Most people think I am tough. I have NO idea why
- I hate confrontations, like to pick my battles.
- Self-confidence is something I recently gained
- I once lost a job because of how I looked. Not my appearance, just how I looked. (I just re-read this and thought, as a model I have lost A LOT of jobs because of how I looked. What I meant here is a professional/office/9-5 type job, my bad)
- My dream car is an All-white Mercedes G-Wagon G65 with the darkest factory tints on all windows.
- I drive with my left hand on the steering and my right on the gear. Even though I drive an automatic and I am right-handed. This is because I learnt how to drive using a manual car and I guess I always had my hand on the gear.
- It drives me mad when I catch people staring at me
- I cannot shave/use depilatory creams on my underarms. I have to get them waxed professionally every other week
- There is a part of my life that I have never ever mentioned to anyone except family. Well, they lived through it as well.
- I haven't got that many friends but I know quite a number of people
- I can't understand unkempt people
- I am an extremely picky eater. I always have something added in or taken out of my food. During my undergrad years, my local chinese restaurant added in a new number on their menu for me it was number 96A: Special Fried Rice with extra chicken and shrimp, no veg and very spicey
- I don't eat the skin on a piece of chicken, roasted, barbequed, KFC.. I never eat the skin. It grosses me out
- I don't eat the yolk in an egg.. Fried or boiled
- When I was 10/11 I got scouted by a French model-agent whilst shopping with my mum. She asked my mum if she would be interested in getting me into modeling. My mum gave a resounding NO. (cheers mum)
- I hate being hounded for anything, especially when it's a favour
- I plan to have a full-on dressing room at my house, complete with professional-standard salon and walk-in closet